Select to view content in your preferred language

QuickCapture 360° Imagery Data Collection???

08-03-2022 12:49 PM
OwensS
by
Emerging Contributor

I am currently attempting to use the Workflow depicted/explained (HERE) using 360° Imagery using a dedicated 360° Camera (Ricoh Theta X). In logic my idea/workflow for achieving this seems practical, but we know that in reality - may be a different story.

My idea/workflow comes into play at the Taking the Picture step of the workflow – with conventional 360° Cameras, a User must be "tethered" to the mobile device via Bluetooth/WIFI. If I can take the 360° pictures with the 360° camera, upload to mobile device (via connected 360° camera App) – could I then be able to add that 360° photo to the QuickCapture Project via the App instead of taking the picture with the mobile phone itself???

If this is possible, how would I implement this workflow and/or step into this already established well documented existing QuickCapture/OIC Workflow for Data Collection???

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Owen, no this is not supported in QuickCapture. Please raise this as an idea here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-quickcapture-ideas/idb-p/arcgis-quickcapture-ideas

0 Kudos
OwensS
by
Emerging Contributor

So there is no option in QuickCapture to "Upload" an image - meaning you are forced to take a picture for the workflow to work??

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Owen, yes that is correct. You have to use the device camera to take a photo and attach it to a captured feature.

John

0 Kudos