Jump to solution
01-05-2020 01:17 AM
LiorHershkovitz
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using Trimble R1 gnss reciever

(firmware ver. 5.43)

I'm using also the apps GNSS status and GNSS direct on both iOS and Android

Quick capture won't connect to the R1 (the gnss app shows accuracy though)

On both iOS and Android

Is there any solution?

Thanks

Lior

GNSS Status

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lior

I have done some testing on iOS (after the firmware fix) and can confirm that you can have the QuickCapture and the Trimble GNSS Status app running at the same time, both displaying the same (Trimble) reported locations and accuracies. QuickCapture was connected to the R1 using Bluetooth, and the use of the phone's internal position source was not required.

For Android, the use of Mock locations and Location Extras is required. The GNSS Status app is still used for configuration and to connect to real-time resources. QuickCapture should be configured to use "Internal Location Service" after GNSS Status has been set as the Mock Location provider in Android Developer Settings. 

Could you share the phone devices and operating systems you were using and we can see if we can replicate the issue our side?

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

R1 firmware update for iOS released today:

The FW v5.44 updater can be found HERE

Full FW v5.44 release notes can be found HERE

This should allow QuickCapture to connect directly to the R1 receiver when using an iOS device.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lior

I have done some testing on iOS (after the firmware fix) and can confirm that you can have the QuickCapture and the Trimble GNSS Status app running at the same time, both displaying the same (Trimble) reported locations and accuracies. QuickCapture was connected to the R1 using Bluetooth, and the use of the phone's internal position source was not required.

For Android, the use of Mock locations and Location Extras is required. The GNSS Status app is still used for configuration and to connect to real-time resources. QuickCapture should be configured to use "Internal Location Service" after GNSS Status has been set as the Mock Location provider in Android Developer Settings. 

Could you share the phone devices and operating systems you were using and we can see if we can replicate the issue our side?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos