Need to capture 2 its in the same quick capture

Jump to solution
02-17-2021 05:39 AM
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

I work for a State DOT and we are using Quick Capture to identify sites that will require damage assessments or debris removal immediately following an event. Since we have multiple districts using quick capture I have had to create a feature layer for each district and make a separate quick capture for each. I have also had to create separate dashboards for each one.

I would like to be able to have one feature layer and one quick capture for all of the districts to use. However they would need to be able to select which district they are reporting for. This would allow me to filter the districts on the map and in the dashboard indicators. Currently Quick Capture only allows for one selection. Is there a way that I can give my districts the ability to chose which one the quick capture can be associated with? Or a way I can build it into that the design of the app?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Wade,

Sounds like you can try using Project user input to solve this problem. The project user input is basically a user input dialog (or a choice list) that shows up when a project is opened. It can be applied to a field in the feature layer so the input value is collected as a data attribute, which later you can use for filtering purposes on the web map. In this way, you can still keep one QuickCapture project, but configure the project user input with a list of districts names, so when user opens the project, the first thing to do is select a district to work on, and then continue to capture other information you configured for the project. Let me know if this helps with your question. 

Thanks,

Mandy

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Wade,

Sounds like you can try using Project user input to solve this problem. The project user input is basically a user input dialog (or a choice list) that shows up when a project is opened. It can be applied to a field in the feature layer so the input value is collected as a data attribute, which later you can use for filtering purposes on the web map. In this way, you can still keep one QuickCapture project, but configure the project user input with a list of districts names, so when user opens the project, the first thing to do is select a district to work on, and then continue to capture other information you configured for the project. Let me know if this helps with your question. 

Thanks,

Mandy