How to not include a picture, but still capture point.

Jump to solution
10-02-2019 07:55 AM
BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have enabled the ability to take a picture, but sometimes there is no need to take a picture.  Is there a way to bypass this?  Clicking the "X" when in camera mode doesn't allow the point to still be collected.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian 

Version 1.2 of the app will be released this week. This adds support for optional photos. To enable this functionality you will need to use the JSON editor (in the designer) and update the cameraInfo properties for the button. Specifically, you will need to update the required property to be false. 

{

"mode": "automatic",

"imageSize":  "unrestricted",

"required":false

}

Then when the user presses the button, they will be given the option to capture a photo or not.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian 

Version 1.2 of the app will be released this week. This adds support for optional photos. To enable this functionality you will need to use the JSON editor (in the designer) and update the cameraInfo properties for the button. Specifically, you will need to update the required property to be false. 

{

"mode": "automatic",

"imageSize":  "unrestricted",

"required":false

}

Then when the user presses the button, they will be given the option to capture a photo or not.

BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Great.  That sounds like exactly what I am looking for.

Can you clarify something?  When exactly does the GPS point get recorded.  When the user presses the button, or when the picture is taken??  We are using Trimble R1 bluetooth receivers paired with smartphones, and to get a picture the user will sometimes need to back off a few metres from where we actually need the GPS point.

I'm assuming that the user should be pressing the button where the GPS point should be, and then back up to take the picture.  Is that correct??

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian 

The location is captured when the button is pressed. So you can move away and take your photo without issue.

Cheers

John

BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Hi John,

Can you explain how the cameraInfo section of the JSON works.  I see there is a section under templateGroups, but also each button has it's own cameraInfo section.

I'm testing the "required":false parameter but not getting the results I expect to get.

Basically, I want ALL buttons in my project to act the same and not require a photo, but have it optional.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor
BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Great....thanks Ismael!  It's not easy to read the flow of the code in the JSON editor, but now that I understand that the cameraInfo section actually only relates to each button individually it makes more sense.

Thanks!