Geopdf basemap for offline usage?

Jump to solution
06-20-2020 06:44 PM
StevePerry
New Contributor

Is there any thought of having the ability to load a geopdf basemap?  I've used it in other similar apps and its quick to load and takes very little space on a device.

Thanks,,,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Steve

The workflow that is typically used is to convert the GeoPDF to a tile package: How To: Add a geospatial PDF file to Collector for ArcGIS. Support for GeoPDF as a map layer in QuickCapture is not in our roadmap.

Please share your workflow and we will note your requirements.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Steve

The workflow that is typically used is to convert the GeoPDF to a tile package: How To: Add a geospatial PDF file to Collector for ArcGIS. Support for GeoPDF as a map layer in QuickCapture is not in our roadmap.

Please share your workflow and we will note your requirements.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
StevePerry
New Contributor

Thanks John for getting back with me with the work around.

Most of my field work has limited cell coverage so off line mapping is critical. Having the ability to quickly load a geo pdf as a basemap for reference purposes only is ideal. I understand the workflow needs for field crews to maintain datasets and be connected to a agol account. I know there are a vast majority of users that simply just need to create data in the field without all the hassles of working with tile packages and agol hosted feature layers.

Having the option to load from Dropbox or google drive your basemap and then control the features collected within collector would be nice..

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Perry, GISP

Owner / Manager

Sperry Geospatial, LLC

41 Heather Lane

North Granby, CT 06060

(313) 283.0344

steveperry@sperrygeo.com

0 Kudos