Does QuickCapture support related tables?

Jump to solution
08-11-2019 07:10 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

How does QuickCapture handle related tables? 

For example,does it support:

• Creating a feature template that creates a point record + a record with pre-filled attribute values in a related table?
  • Creating a record in the related table only (i.e. no geometry, target the related table layer)? Similar to using a Survey123 form to target the repeat table, specify form ID and potentially consider populating parentglobalid through the templates?

My understanding is that QuickCapture focuses on fast creation of records. I assume we can't do anything like actively select the features we would want to relate the record to - hopefully the above two examples accommodate this assumption.

Cheers,

Chris 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris

QuickCapture does not support related tables, as projects can only be configured to point to parent feature layers (not tables). Also, as you correctly assume, QuickCapture does not support the editing of existing features.

Could you share a little more information on your workflow? We can check if QuickCapture if the right app for the job.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris

QuickCapture does not support related tables, as projects can only be configured to point to parent feature layers (not tables). Also, as you correctly assume, QuickCapture does not support the editing of existing features.

Could you share a little more information on your workflow? We can check if QuickCapture if the right app for the job.

Thanks

John

JamesTurner2
New Contributor III

John, I have a project that has me asking similar questions. I have a quick capture project which targets a point feature class and a line feature class in an enterprise geodatabase. I want the point and line data from each quick capture session to be related for easy review. My original thought was to create a table which had summary data from the quick capture session (date collected and collector name), then use a GUID to create a relationship class and relate point and line features to a record in the summary table. So the summary table would be in a 1:M relationship with the line FC and the point FC. 

Quick Capture is the only product that supports data collection at speed, we tried survey123 and quickly found it too cumbersome. However, not being able to relate the data is making it hard to review it.

Do you have any thoughts on how to accomplish something like this while still using QC for data collection?

0 Kudos