Can not use QuickCapture on ipad whist split screen?

Jump to solution
05-15-2020 07:54 AM
LiamHarrington-Missin
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all, 

I've been playing with this with the idea of using it alongside other esri field apps, in split screen mode.  However, I've hit a stumbling block.  The buttons seem to deactivate in all but full screen mode.  Is this a repeatable bug or something weird on my setup?

ipad is ipad pro (12.9 inch)

ios is 13.3.1.

Liam
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LiamHarrington-Missin

Thanks Johnathan Hasthorpe‌.  It will be better in this instance so thanks for the heads up about disabling side by side.  It has prompted me to add this to the ideas channel as it would be great if the app were responsive.  Side by side in full screen mode, one on top of other (I don't know what you call the "not" side by side mode) if it fills less of the tablets screen.  Thanks for all your help and getting back so quickly.

QuickCapture side-by-side - Dynamically switch off if not maximised 

Liam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Liam, from your description above, I suppose you are talking about the multitasking feature of iPad Pro, where you can display two apps side by side on the screen. In this case, QuickCapture should work with no problem. If you can provide a screenshot or a short video of the issue (to quickcapture@esri.com), that will help us identify the problem. 

Have you also tried the side by side view inside of QuickCapture? You can display your project and the map side by side if you open the QuickCapture project on your iPad in landscape mode. Read about this blog if you are interested, your project will look like this in side by side view:

LiamHarrington-Missin

Thanks For getting back to me so promptly Xiaoxu Li‌.  Ive attached a short video below of the behavior.  you can see when QQ is in full screen mode, the app works as expected but when it goes into floating mode whilst I can scroll the buttons and pan around on the map, the ability to activate a button is disabled.  In the video i repeatedly try and change the status of the track log with no success.  The behaviour is the same when it is side by side.

As you can see i am aware of the map side by side but the other apps provide features that QQ can’t (and shouldn’t) which I want to harness both for my users. 

Liam
0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the video, I can reproduce the issue from my end as well. I noticed that the issue only occurs when QuickCapture has buttons and map displayed side-by-side while in floating mode, which in this case, it is barely useful since the screen is too narrow. However, this is a very good catch and I'll bring it to the team to look into this.

Thanks,

Mandy

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Liam, this is clearly a bug and we will look into it.

Just FYI, the bug only happens if QuickCapture is in split-screen mode. If you are not showing the map in QuickCapture the buttons will work fine. This may or may not be suitable for your workflow.

Thanks

John

LiamHarrington-Missin

Thanks Johnathan Hasthorpe‌.  It will be better in this instance so thanks for the heads up about disabling side by side.  It has prompted me to add this to the ideas channel as it would be great if the app were responsive.  Side by side in full screen mode, one on top of other (I don't know what you call the "not" side by side mode) if it fills less of the tablets screen.  Thanks for all your help and getting back so quickly.

QuickCapture side-by-side - Dynamically switch off if not maximised 

Liam
0 Kudos