Calculate fields from external CSV based upon Project User Input

11-14-2023 06:37 AM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

I have created a survey for sea turtle nesting in FL using Survey123 that pulls data from multiple external CSVs, and the survey works very well. Unfortunately, some users are unable to use it because of sheer volume of nests and false crawls and/or restrictions when they can survey (e.g. rocket launches). Halfway through the season, I was able to create a QuickCapture project for one user as a test to help make data collection easier while on the beach, and it helped greatly.

This year, I want to improve QC and make it available to more users. Unfortunately, I don't want to customize individual QC projects for each user. I am interested in using Arcade to pull data from external CSVs like in S123. So, 1) is this possible or will it be in the near future? and 2) being new to Arcade, does anyone have some sample code for pulling data from an external CSV and calculating field with the returned values that I can modify and use?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris Anderson

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you use a feature service layer instead? We have support for dynamic lists in Beta:

https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/article/item.html?cap=9c6a1e4687c34c7fb5c6f8f4e0bc2df3&arttype...

This may suit your requirements.

0 Kudos
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Can a hosted table be used instead of a layer? I will try with one and see what happens.

One of the reasons we would love to use a local CSV is because some users may be on beaches where there isn't any cell coverage. The local CSV's in S123 help solve this issue.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris, we are looking to support tables in the 1.19 (March 2024) release. But it is not possible to test them using 1.18 (while this functionality is in Beta).

0 Kudos