Select to view content in your preferred language

Why is the production mapping data installation is not working when running in the cmd?

01-29-2024 11:26 PM
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

I am facing issues with installation of the production mapping data , right after running the cmd line for msiexec.exe /i <path>\<product>.msi INSTALLDIR="<path>" /qb

There is the popup of files downloading but the data is not found in the desired folder location.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
GeoffHodgson_FSA
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @DanHopkins

I am currently assigned
User Type = Creator
Role = Administrator

and I cannot see the Production Mapping extension to be enabled in ArcGIS Online.

Do I need a Professional or Professional Plus user type to be able to access this extension?

Thanks again, Geoff.

0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi @GeoffHodgson_FSA 

I am sorry for the long post.

I can authorize ArcGIS Pro with a valid ArcGIS Online account, but, I am not an administrator in that organization. Production Mapping and many other extensions are available.

So, I have authorized ArcGIS Pro using my ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3 portal. In a nutshell, I did the following:

- Installed License Manager and authorized for Named User. After I authorized, I made sure the features are available.

DanHopkins_0-1728509051957.png

- I logged into my portal as an administrator

- I created a new member called GeoffHodgson with User type = Creator and Role = Administrator. For Manage add-on licenses for Geoff Hodgson, under ArcGIS Pro I enable ArcGIS Pro Advanced and under Extensions I enable Production Mapping.

DanHopkins_3-1728509761950.pngDanHopkins_4-1728509972954.png

- On my desktop machine, I launch ArcGIS Pro and for Licensing I set my License Type to Named User License and configure my licensing option to use ArcGIS Enterprise and I connect as GeoffHodgson

DanHopkins_5-1728510569605.png

- I exit ArcGIS Pro and re-launch ArcGIS Pro and this is what I see for Licensing

DanHopkins_6-1728510736326.png

- I exit ArcGIS Pro

- In portal, for Manage add-on licenses for Geoff Hodgson, under ArcGIS Pro and under Extensions I disable Production Mapping

- I launch ArcGIS Pro and this is what I see for Licensing

DanHopkins_7-1728511438684.png

Geoff, can you confirm with your administrator that Production Mapping is authorized, available, and assigned to your user?

Also, I am not an expert in licensing. I might not be able to resolve this issue. I am PE on the ArcGIS Defense Mapping and ArcGIS Production Mapping Teams. You might have to reach out to your local distributor and create a technical support case like you have done in the past (e.g. Technical Support Case number 03696346).

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
GeoffHodgson_FSA
Occasional Contributor

Thanks again @DanHopkins

Your long email makes perfect sense (though the setup in ArcGIS Online is a bit different to your screenshots).
It seems that the Production Mapping Extension may not be authorised in our ArcGIS Online setup as it is not appearing in my list (which is where I was initially looking to try to allocate the extension):

GeoffHodgson_FSA_0-1728517336009.png

I will follow up with the administrator of our Enterprise Agreement with ESRI (which has uncapped quantities of this extension), and let you know what I find.

Cheers, Geoff.