Select to view content in your preferred language

Why is the production mapping data installation is not working when running in the cmd?

01-29-2024 11:26 PM
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

I am facing issues with installation of the production mapping data , right after running the cmd line for msiexec.exe /i <path>\<product>.msi INSTALLDIR="<path>" /qb

There is the popup of files downloading but the data is not found in the desired folder location.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi @Angiex__1 

I am sorry you are encountering issues with the ArcGIS Production Mapping Product Data for ArcGIS Pro installer.

I am running ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1. I am installing the ArcGIS Production Mapping Product Data for ArcGIS Pro 3.2. Below is my command line parameters:

msiexec.exe /i "C:\Users\user01\Documents\ArcGIS Pro 3.2\ProProdMapProdData\ProProductionMappingProductData.msi" INSTALLDIR="c:\temp" /qb

The product files are installed at the custom location at C:/temp rather than the default location of C:\Users\Public\Documents. This is what I expect.

Can you please answer the following:

1. What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

2. What is your INSTALLDIR set to?

3. If the files are not getting installed in the desired folder location, where are they getting installed? Are they getting installed in the default location?

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @DanHopkins 

the answers for your questions

1. I am using the ArcGIS Pro 3.1 version

2. My  INSTALLDIR  is set to "C:/Angie/Documents/Data"

3. The files are really not getting installed , as I run the cmd there is this pop up I get and all of a sudden the popup closes and when I check the desired location, I dont find the files installed. 

0 Kudos
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

@DanHopkins This is what I am getting.

0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi @Angiex__1 

Thank you for responding and answering my questions.

I have installed ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and I have run the following:

msiexec.exe /i "C:\Users\user01\Documents\ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0.1\ProProdMapProdData\ProProductionMappingProductData.msi" INSTALLDIR="C:\Angie\Documents\Data" /qb

ArcGIS Production Mapping product files is installed to C:\Angie\Documents\Data

I cannot reproduce your issue. I am installing the software on a Windows 10 22H2 machine. I noticed from your screenshot that you are on Windows 11. So, I tested on a Windows 11 23H2 machine and I did not encounter any issues.

Can you please answer the following:

1. After attempting to install the software, is there an entry in your Installed apps for ArcGIS Production Mapping 3.1.0.1 Pro Product Files? If yes, uninstall ArcGIS Production Mapping 3.1.0.1 Pro Product Files.

2. What happens if you install ArcGIS Production Mapping 3.1.0.1 Pro Product Files through the UI and change the default install location to C:\Angie\Documents\Data?

3. Can you create a test .txt file at C:\Angie\Documents\Data?

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @DanHopkins 

Hi thank you for patiently hearing me out,

The answers for your questions,

1. I cant understand what you were asking there, I just downloaded the those files to try how Production mapping works, but couldnt, (could be an issue with my work laptop?)

2. So are you saying that the installed location and the soon to unzipped data files has to be in the same location?

3. yes the C:\Angie\Documents\Data has a GDB in it already.

0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi @Angiex__1 

Do you have an entry for ArcGIS Production Mapping 3.1.0.1 Pro Product Files  in the Installed apps on your Windows 11 machine? Please see screenshot below:

Angie1.png

If yes, did the product files get installed to C:\Angie\Documents\Data or C:\Users\Public\Documents\ArcGIS Production Mapping or somewhere else?

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much Dan, I was swiftly put into project right after i told them I have problems installing the files. but thank you so much, it means a lot

0 Kudos
GeoffHodgson_FSA
Occasional Contributor

Hi @DanHopkins

I found this thread after having issues activating the Production Mapping extension, but didn't see the resolution that fixed @Angiex__1's  issue.

I installed to the default directory :

GeoffHodgson_FSA_0-1728346413645.png

.. and can see that the app is installed :

GeoffHodgson_FSA_1-1728346479541.png

.. but the extension is still greyed out in ArcGIS Pro :

GeoffHodgson_FSA_2-1728346550406.png

Am I missing a step here somewhere ?

Thanks, Geoff 

0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi @GeoffHodgson_FSA 

Thank you for providing the screenshots.

The 'Licensing' screenshot indicates that your License Type is set to Named User License. If your license type is Named User, extension licenses are assigned to users by the ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise organization administrator. Production Mapping Licensed = No indicates that the extension license is not assigned to the user.

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos