Select to view content in your preferred language

Writing Custom Errors via ArcGIS Pro SDK for Utility Network

3 weeks ago
LeonardoLins
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm working with the ArcGIS Pro SDK, specifically with the Utility Network, and need some guidance regarding Dirty Areas. I understand that ArcGIS Pro automatically handles errors and displays them on the map when using the "Validate Network" command. However, I’m wondering if there's a way to manually write to a Dirty Area Error Layer via the SDK, or if this functionality is restricted.

In other words, within the context of the Utility Network, is it possible to create a custom error message that can be displayed on the map by writing directly to a Dirty Area Error Layer? Or am I limited to the standard functionality provided by ArcGIS Pro?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The dirty area layer is a managed, system table used by the utility network to record topology and subnetwork errors. As such we don't allow you to write custom errors to it.

If you have custom errors you want to write to the database, you should look at attribute rules. They allow you to do many things, but one of them allows to create Arcade scripts that are run whenever a feature validated to ensure that it meets certain critera. Features that fail validation will have a customer error message written to validation error in the database. You can find additional resources here:

Geodatabase resource hub - Attribute Rules

Geodatabase resource hub - Arcade

Attribute Rule Resource Article

0 Kudos