Why do some controls not have templates?

Jump to solution
02-18-2016 12:34 PM
TedChapin
Occasional Contributor III

I can add some controls directly to my project by right-clicking my project in Solution Explorer, Add New Item...  I see templates for several controls, like Button, Button Palette, ComboBox, etc.  But I do not see several controls, such as CheckBox, EditBox, Spinner, etc.  Why do some controls not have templates?  I can add a Spinner manually to the Config.daml and create a class module by hand and it works, but can't add it as a "new item".

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ted, Good question. Comes down to priorities basically - we templatized the most commonly used controls (20 templates at 1.2) and the controls that are more obscure we did not.

If lots of people want to use checkboxes or spinners on custom tabs we can look at adding templates for them. Otherwise, as you noted, just add them by hand. On the core tabs they are rarely used.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ted, Good question. Comes down to priorities basically - we templatized the most commonly used controls (20 templates at 1.2) and the controls that are more obscure we did not.

If lots of people want to use checkboxes or spinners on custom tabs we can look at adding templates for them. Otherwise, as you noted, just add them by hand. On the core tabs they are rarely used.

0 Kudos