Select to view content in your preferred language

What triggers EditOperation.ShowProgressor

Jump to solution
07-24-2019 05:37 AM
BrianBulla
Regular Contributor II

Hi,

I've added .ShowProgressor = true to my EditOperation, but I'm just wondering what exactly needs to get triggered for it to appear.

In my code, I am looping though bunch of selected features, and doing a chainedEdit operation.  The progressDialog never shows though the entire process.  Occasionally I do get a "Performing Edits" window message pop-up, but I'm assuming that is just a standard ArcPro message that I am seeing.  It shows up for a few seconds, then disappears perhaps showing up again if a lot of features were selected.

How do I get the Progressor to show and stay on the screen until finished?

var editOperation = new ArcGIS.Desktop.Editing.EditOperation();
                    editOperation.Name = "Create new Facility IDs";
                    editOperation.ProgressMessage = "Calculating FacilityID's...";
                    editOperation.ShowProgressor = true;                    
                    editOperation.CancelMessage = "Operation Cancelled";
                    editOperation.ErrorMessage = "Error Updating Attributes";
                    editOperation.EditOperationType = ArcGIS.Desktop.Editing.EditOperationType.Long;
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Brian,

Just time.

The progressor will show 2 seconds after the EditOperation is executing. If the operation methods are quicker than that, you wont see it.

In your chained environment, each operation is treated separately with its own execution. The chain just bolts it onto the last operation for the undo stack. 

You can also look into the framework progress dialog, which is more complicated to setup, but can wrap around the whole process.

There's a sample here: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/tree/master/Framework/ProgressDialog

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Brian,

Just time.

The progressor will show 2 seconds after the EditOperation is executing. If the operation methods are quicker than that, you wont see it.

In your chained environment, each operation is treated separately with its own execution. The chain just bolts it onto the last operation for the undo stack. 

You can also look into the framework progress dialog, which is more complicated to setup, but can wrap around the whole process.

There's a sample here: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/tree/master/Framework/ProgressDialog