Something broken in the TableControl Sample?

Jump to solution
01-04-2021 11:09 AM
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi -

When I open TableControlDockpane.xaml in the TableControl latest 2.7 sample.

It says it can't load ArcGIS.Desktop.DataGrid.Contrib.Wpf ...

tablecontrolbug1.PNG

I then add a reference to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\ArcGIS.Desktop.Shared.Wpf.dll, and get this exception in the design window:

XamlParseException: Set property 'ArcGIS.Desktop.Internal.Framework.DesignModeResourceDictionary.Source' threw an exception.

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
at ArcGIS.Desktop.Editing.TableControl.InitializeComponent()
at ArcGIS.Desktop.Editing.TableControl..ctor()

Do I need to configure something?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

It appears that viewing the TableControl in the XAML designer is throwing an exception when the TableControl is opened in Design mode. This issue should only have an effect on your add-in in XAML Designer, the TableControl should work properly in runtime mode.  I will report the issue to the developer of the control.  Thanks for reporting this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

It appears that viewing the TableControl in the XAML designer is throwing an exception when the TableControl is opened in Design mode. This issue should only have an effect on your add-in in XAML Designer, the TableControl should work properly in runtime mode.  I will report the issue to the developer of the control.  Thanks for reporting this.