QueryPoint from end of the line....not start

Jump to solution
06-26-2020 07:02 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a simple way to use GeometryEngine.Instance.QueryPoint to get a point a specified distance from the end of the line?  It seems to default to the start of the line??

Or do I just need to add some math logic to my code??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Brian,

Yes you can simply reverse the orientation of your line geometry and do the querypoint using the original distance.

var reverseGeom = GeometryEngine.Instance.ReverseOrientation(geometry as Multipart);
      var qPoint = GeometryEngine.Instance.QueryPoint(reverseGeom, SegmentExtension.NoExtension, dac, AsRatioOrLength.AsLength);‍‍‍‍

or alternatively get the length of the geometry and work out the new query point distance.

var length2D = GeometryEngine.Instance.Length(geometry);   
      var newDistance = length2D - originalDistance;
      var qPoint = GeometryEngine.Instance.QueryPoint(geometry, SegmentExtension.NoExtension, newDistance, AsRatioOrLength.AsLength);‍‍‍‍‍‍

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Brian,

Yes you can simply reverse the orientation of your line geometry and do the querypoint using the original distance.

var reverseGeom = GeometryEngine.Instance.ReverseOrientation(geometry as Multipart);
      var qPoint = GeometryEngine.Instance.QueryPoint(reverseGeom, SegmentExtension.NoExtension, dac, AsRatioOrLength.AsLength);‍‍‍‍

or alternatively get the length of the geometry and work out the new query point distance.

var length2D = GeometryEngine.Instance.Length(geometry);   
      var newDistance = length2D - originalDistance;
      var qPoint = GeometryEngine.Instance.QueryPoint(geometry, SegmentExtension.NoExtension, newDistance, AsRatioOrLength.AsLength);‍‍‍‍‍‍
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Sean Jones‌.  I ended up just doing math on it, but it's good to know about the ReverseOrientation option.

Thanks!

0 Kudos