Problems with Programmatic Rubbersheet Transform Method

09-29-2021 10:49 AM
KarenMeinstein
Occasional Contributor

When I programmatically use the Edit Operation Rubbersheet method, I get different results than when I use the ArcGIS Pro Rubbersheet Transform tool (Edit tab > Modify button > Modify Features dockpane > Alignment > Transform) with the EXACT same features, links, anchors and rubbersheet area .  Specifically, the many of the anchors are being ignored in the programmatic version and the rubbersheet area is completely ignored.

I also really need to be able to only transform selected features, but this still doesn't seem to be working programmatically (even though it can be done using the Transform tool), so I thought I could instead set the rubbersheet area, but since this isn't working either I'm in a bind.

Anyone have any suggestions for a work-around or some other way to do this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NarelleChedzey
Esri Contributor

Hi Karen, 

Looking at the EditOperation.Rubbersheet API  method I can see that there is a code bug in that the anchor point and rubbersheet area layers are not being passed onto the internal methods.    We will fix this for the 2.9 release. 

Your second statement about wanting to transform selected features - are you asking for the ability to rubbersheet selected features or are you using the Transform method and not getting the expected results  (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/sdk/api-reference/#topic9563.html). 

The EditOperation.Rubbersheet overload for selected features does not exist - we will also add this for the 2.9 release. 

If there's a problem with EditOperation.Transform please let me know so I can examine that method furrther. 

Unfortunately there is no workaround or other way to accomplish these functions via the API on existing ArcGIS Pro versions.  Will you be able to upgrade to 2.9 when it is released?

Thanks

Narelle

0 Kudos
KarenMeinstein
Occasional Contributor

Hi Narelle,

Thank you for the information.  Regarding your question about transform vs. rubbersheet for selected features, I need to rubbersheet (which is one of the "Transform" tools in Pro, so I got confused with my wording).

It sounds like all of the things I need (anchors/rubbersheet area and rubbersheet selected features) will be in 2.9.  Do know approximately when this release will happen?

Thanks again,

Karen

0 Kudos
NarelleChedzey
Esri Contributor

Hi Karen, 

Thanks for the reply.  Good to know that there's nothing additional to look at on Transform.  The two Rubbersheet fixes will definitely be in 2.9.    The current timeline has ArcGIS Pro 2.9 being released in November 2021, so fairly soon.  

Narelle

KarenMeinstein
Occasional Contributor

Great!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
NarelleChedzey
Esri Contributor

Hi Karen, 

Just posting to confirm that these two fixes to rubbersheet were added to ArcGIS Pro 2.9.   

Regards

Narelle

KarenMeinstein
Occasional Contributor

Hi Narelle,

Thanks so much for letting me know!

Karen

0 Kudos