Polygon Symbol Not Displaying Outline

04-13-2018 08:23 AM
ThomasCox
Occasional Contributor

I have successfully created polygon symbols and have placed them on a layout.  However, when I place the symbol onto a layout, the symbol has no outline, though I am assigning it when I create the symbol. It  seems pretty straight forward, but perhaps I am missing something.

Here is a code fragment creating the symbol and theoretically assigning the outline bit:

QueuedTask.Run(() =>

{

CIMHSVColor ClassColor = CIMHSVColor.FromXml(pLegClass.ColorXML);

CIMStroke outline = SymbolFactory.Instance.ConstructStroke(ColorFactory.Instance.BlackRGB, 2, SimpleLineStyle.Solid);

CIMPolygonSymbol pPolygonSymbol = SymbolFactory.Instance.ConstructPolygonSymbol(ClassColor, SimpleFillStyle.Solid, outline);

);

I am able to place the symbol on the layout, but no outline appears.  I have tried adjusting the width when creating the CIMStroke outline, but it has no effect.  The following image is an example of what I am seeing.

PolygonSymbol missing border

Any insight is appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Thomas, can you post a slightly larger context....for example, in your code, are you creating a layout element that uses your symbol? Can you provide that too?.

0 Kudos
ThomasCox
Occasional Contributor

I definitely have egg on my face. Some revisions by an associate set the outline color to white that I wasn't aware of, essentially overwriting my earlier symbol assignment.  Sorry for the post and the time spent.

Thanks for inquiring regarding this.  The symbols are behaving as advertised.

0 Kudos