Localization Pro Add-in

Jump to solution
11-25-2020 12:24 AM
kirken
by
New Contributor III

Hi! I am developing ArcGIS Pro add-in and translating it to different languages. I have followed these concepts: ProConcept Localization and this GitHub example but would like to know if there is any chance of localizing add-in without installing language pack? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kirken
by
New Contributor III

Ok, agree. But in my country, Estonia, people are often used to English UI-s (I'm not sure if there even is an Estonian ArcGIS pro but I know that many people don't like Windows in Estonian) which is why I would like that ArcGIS Pro UI itself was in English and Add-in language optional. 
Anyway, one solution is to make translations as resources and then check the CultureInfo:
System.Globalization.CultureInfo ci = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InstalledUICulture;

and change the language accordingly:

if (ci.Name == "et-EE")
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("et");

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PetrDiviš
New Contributor III

Hi Kirken, have you found where to get these language packs? Esri guards all the freaking information where to download anything. The site is a huge maze:(

Thanks!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, as mentioned in this help document, the Pro language packs can be obtained from My Esri or your distributor.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, you've found the best resources for localizing your Pro add-in.  As discussed in the ProConcept document, it is recommended that you use language packs to provide a consistent experience for your users.

kirken
by
New Contributor III

Ok, agree. But in my country, Estonia, people are often used to English UI-s (I'm not sure if there even is an Estonian ArcGIS pro but I know that many people don't like Windows in Estonian) which is why I would like that ArcGIS Pro UI itself was in English and Add-in language optional. 
Anyway, one solution is to make translations as resources and then check the CultureInfo:
System.Globalization.CultureInfo ci = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InstalledUICulture;

and change the language accordingly:

if (ci.Name == "et-EE")
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("et");