Link group popup to custom Property Page in the Application Options

Jump to solution
11-07-2018 05:30 AM
deleted-user-WOOhbEScR4vX
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to add a popup to my group which links to a custom Property Page in the Application Options. Therefore I am using the ID of the Property Page in the "launcherButtonID"-Attribute of the group, but this does not seem to work. 

Here a snippet of my config.daml:

<propertySheets>
    <updateSheet refID="esri_core_optionsPropertySheet">
      <insertPage id="PropertyPageApplicationSettings" 
                  caption="MyAddIn" 
                  className="ProApplicationSettingsViewModel" 
                  group="Application">
        <content className="SettingsView" />
      </insertPage>
    </updateSheet>
  </propertySheets>
<modules>
     <groups>
        <group id="MyCustomGroup" 
               caption="MyGroup" 
               appearsOnAddInTab="false" 
               keytip="M" 
               launcherButtonID="PropertyPageApplicationSettings">

</group>
      </groups>

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Oliver

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Oliver

The launcherButtonID attribute can be set to the ID of a button only. You could create a button that launches your property page in your property sheet. And then you could add this button's ID to the group's launcherButtonID attribute.

I used the SDK PropertySheet template and here is the code snippet for this:

<group id="LaunchPropertyPage_Group1" caption="Group 1" 
appearsOnAddInTab="true" launcherButtonID="LaunchPropertySheet_MyNewPropertySheet_ShowPropertySheet">
   <!-- host controls within groups -->
</group>
</groups>
<controls>
     <!-- add your controls here -->
     <button id="LaunchPropertySheet_MyNewPropertySheet_ShowPropertySheet" caption="Show MyNewPropertySheet" className="MyNewPropertyPage_ShowButton" loadOnClick="true" smallImage="Images\GenericButtonPurple16.png" largeImage="Images\GenericButtonPurple32.png">
          <tooltip heading="Show Property Sheet">Show Property Sheet<disabledText /></tooltip>
     </button>
</controls>
</insertModule>
</modules>
<propertySheets>
    <insertSheet id="LaunchPropertySheet_MyNewPropertySheet" caption="MyNewPropertySheet" hasGroups="true">
      <page id="LaunchPropertyPage_MyNewPropertyPage" caption="MyNewPropertyPage" className="MyNewPropertyPageViewModel" group="Group 1">
        <content className="MyNewPropertyPageView" />
      </page>
</propertySheets>

Thanks

Uma

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Oliver

The launcherButtonID attribute can be set to the ID of a button only. You could create a button that launches your property page in your property sheet. And then you could add this button's ID to the group's launcherButtonID attribute.

I used the SDK PropertySheet template and here is the code snippet for this:

<group id="LaunchPropertyPage_Group1" caption="Group 1" 
appearsOnAddInTab="true" launcherButtonID="LaunchPropertySheet_MyNewPropertySheet_ShowPropertySheet">
   <!-- host controls within groups -->
</group>
</groups>
<controls>
     <!-- add your controls here -->
     <button id="LaunchPropertySheet_MyNewPropertySheet_ShowPropertySheet" caption="Show MyNewPropertySheet" className="MyNewPropertyPage_ShowButton" loadOnClick="true" smallImage="Images\GenericButtonPurple16.png" largeImage="Images\GenericButtonPurple32.png">
          <tooltip heading="Show Property Sheet">Show Property Sheet<disabledText /></tooltip>
     </button>
</controls>
</insertModule>
</modules>
<propertySheets>
    <insertSheet id="LaunchPropertySheet_MyNewPropertySheet" caption="MyNewPropertySheet" hasGroups="true">
      <page id="LaunchPropertyPage_MyNewPropertyPage" caption="MyNewPropertyPage" className="MyNewPropertyPageViewModel" group="Group 1">
        <content className="MyNewPropertyPageView" />
      </page>
</propertySheets>

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos
deleted-user-WOOhbEScR4vX
New Contributor

Thank you very much, that solved my problem.

0 Kudos