Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a way to refresh the schema on a PluginTableTemplate or PluginDatasourceTemplate?

Jump to solution
Wednesday
Kbperri
New Contributor II

I am creating a plugin data source and I've been having an issue with the PluginTableTemplate and the PluginDatasourceTemplate. The PluginDatasourceTemplate seems to load the information from the datasource one time and then won't load it again unless Pro is restarted. The PluginTableTemplate has an abstract function that I override called GetFields which gathers the schema for the table. This too seems to run only once unless Pro is restarted.

My issue is that we allow the user to modify the schema as well as some other information about the data source whenever they'd like but if they already have the table added to a map, any changes they make will not be reflected in the table. We have tried removing the table and adding it again and we've tried adding it to a new map but neither one works.

So my question is, how can I force the PluginTableTemplate and/or the PluginDatasourceTemplate to re-evaluate the source information?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

"Regular" feature classes support schema locking and schema edits allowing (certain) changes to the schema to be made (restrictions apply - no pending edits, no edit session, etc, etc). Plugin datasources are readonly and the schema is fixed. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

"Regular" feature classes support schema locking and schema edits allowing (certain) changes to the schema to be made (restrictions apply - no pending edits, no edit session, etc, etc). Plugin datasources are readonly and the schema is fixed. 

0 Kudos