is it possible to add button on toolbar in attribute pane

01-26-2022 08:10 AM
ÀngelaFeliu
New Contributor

I would like to add a button in a group that seems to be in attribute table pane.

But I can't make it visible...

This is my code

<updateModule refID="esri_editing_EditingModule">
<groups>
<updateGroup refID="esri_editing_tableSelectionGroup">
<insertButton refID="myCustomButton" />
</updateGroup>
</groups>
</updateModule>

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NarelleChedzey
Esri Contributor

Hi Angela, 

I am not seeing any problems with inserting a button into that group of tools on the ribbon under the Table tab.   Is "myCustomButton" the name of your button class or is it the daml ID of the button.?

Here is a sample button defintion.  Here .the damlID is "MyAddIn_MyButton".  The class name is "MyButton".   You should be referencing the damlID. in the insertButton tag. 

<button id="MyAddIn_MyButton" caption="My button" className="MyButton" loadOnClick="true" smallImage="pack://application:,,,/ArcGIS.Desktop.Resources;component/Images/GenericButtonBlue16.png" largeImage="pack://application:,,,/ArcGIS.Desktop.Resources;component/Images/GenericButtonBlue32.png">
          <tooltip heading="Tooltip Heading">Tooltip text<disabledText /></tooltip>
        </button>

Thanks

Narelle

0 Kudos
ÀngelaFeliu
New Contributor

Hello Narelle

Yes it is the ID of my button... I have it working in a new tab and as a button on context menu for selected rows the attribute table. I would like to add it in the attribute pane as a button after copy. 

I send you an image where I would like to put it...

My daml looks like:

In controls

<controls>
<button id="GIS_AGUA_export" caption="GISAgua Exportar a excel" className="Controls.ExportButton" smallImage="Images\AddinDesktop16.png" largeImage="Images\AddinDesktop32.png">
<tooltip heading="Exportar a excel">
Exportar a excel<disabledText />
</tooltip>
</button>
</controls>

In modules

<menus>
<updateMenu refID="esri_editing_tableAllRowContextMenu">
<insertButton refID="GIS_AGUA_export" />
</updateMenu>
</menus>
</updateModule>

<groups>
<updateGroup refID="esri_editing_tableSelectionGroup">
<insertButton refID="GIS_AGUA_export" />
</updateGroup>
</groups>
</updateModule>

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
NarelleChedzey
Esri Contributor

Hi 

Sorry. I misunderstood where you wanted your tool to appear.  Unfortunately it is not possible to add custom tools to the toolbar in the Table pane.  That toolbar is not controlled by DAML;    The DAML that you are referencing (esri_editing_tableSelectionGroup) refers to a group of selection tools that appears on the application ribbon. 

Narelle

0 Kudos
ÀngelaFeliu
New Contributor

Is it planned in the future to add buttons here?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos