Select to view content in your preferred language

Icon is not showing for a file with Uppercase extension in case of ProCustomItem used for Plugin data source

12-12-2022 11:09 PM
RITASHKOUL
New Contributor III

I have created a ProCustomItem to support a new data format by applying a plugin data source. 

Now, if the file extension is in lower case, the icon is visible for the file, but if the file is in upper case, the icon is not visible for the file with the same extension.

I've included both working and non-working cases for the same file extension having lower and upper cases resp.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Just a few questions to clarify the issue -

1. Does your custom item have a file extension of gsi?

2. On disk, if the file is .GSI, then it doesn't show up in Pro with the corresponding file image. If on disk, the file is .gsi, then it shows up in Pro with the corresponding image. Is that correct?

3. In config.daml file of your add-in, can you please send me the fileExtension attribute value?

Thanks!

Uma

0 Kudos
RITASHKOUL
New Contributor III

1. Yes extension is gsi

2. Yes

3.  <categories>
<updateCategory refID="esri_customItems">
<insertComponent id="GsiProCustomItem" className="GsiProCustomItem">
<content displayName="GsiProCustomItem" fileExtension="gsi" isContainer="false" keywords="GsiProCustomItem" contextMenuID="GsiProCustomItem_ContextMenu">
<filterFlags>
<type id="File" />
</filterFlags>
</content>
</insertComponent>
</updateCategory>
</categories>

@UmaHarano 

@UmaHarano wrote:

Hi,

2. On disk, if the file is .GSI, then it doesn't show up in Pro with the corresponding file image. If on disk, the file is .gsi, then it shows up in Pro with the corresponding image. Is that correct?

3. In config.daml file of your add-in, can you please send me the fileExtension attribute value?

Thanks!

Uma

@UmaHarano wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Uma

0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

According to the ProConcept document for Pro SDK Custom Items this appears to be 'by design'.  

ProConcepts Custom Items · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

• File extensions specified in the config.daml are case sensitive, hence only files with file extensions that are matched using a case sensitive compare will work.

I am not sure of the reasons behind the reasons behind this limitation.

RITASHKOUL
New Contributor III

Any workaround for this?

@UmaHarano  @Wolf 

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi

I am able to reproduce this issue too. It sounds like a bug - I will report this to the dev team. Thanks for reporting this.

In the meantime, can you please try this by matching the extension name (case) with what you have in the config.daml fileExtension attribute value?

Thanks!

Uma

RITASHKOUL
New Contributor III

Ya so whatever case (for me mostly lowercase) and same in config.daml that is working fine. Its just now upper case scenario not working.

@UmaHarano 

0 Kudos
RITASHKOUL
New Contributor III

@UmaHarano  One more that  I think is related to this if adding your own context menus on the custom item that is also not working on the file with upper case extension

0 Kudos