How to get tracing results as connectivity graph

Jump to solution
02-17-2022 05:27 AM
KarthikAditya
New Contributor III

I am developing an addin for utility network using SDK (ArcGIS Pro 2.9 API) to perform an Upstream tracing. The tracing works and I get the element results, however, I do not get the connectivity between them.

The ResultType enum does not have an option to return the connectivity of the tracing results (ArcGIS Pro 2.9 API Reference Guide - ResultType Enumeration—ArcGIS Pro

While in the documentation, there is a mention of 'Connectivity' result type to return a connectivity graph of network features (Configure a trace—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Is it possible to return the element connectivity result from tracing using SDK? If yes, how?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Karthik,

The Pro SDK does not yet support this result type. From now, you can use the geoprocessing API to call the Trace geoprocessing tool.  You'll have to parse the returned JSON yourself to build a connectivity graph.

I hope this helps,

--Rich

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Karthik,

The Pro SDK does not yet support this result type. From now, you can use the geoprocessing API to call the Trace geoprocessing tool.  You'll have to parse the returned JSON yourself to build a connectivity graph.

I hope this helps,

--Rich

KarthikAditya
New Contributor III

Thank you Rich for your response.

I have asked a follow-up question here (Utility network trace using geoprocessing tool - Esri Community), please share your thoughts.

0 Kudos