How to get the geometry created by "Create Features" ?

Jump to solution
09-29-2021 07:19 AM
3RGv4
by
New Contributor II

Hello 🙂

I try to create a geometry and apply a template to it. I posted another subject about templates and "Creature Features" pane and didn't get any answer, so I suppose what I tried to do was not possible. I have a different solution, but I don't know how to do it.

• Is it possible to get (via an event for example ? or override tools ?) the geometry created by tools in the "Create Features" pane ? (I also searched in MapView.Active any double clic event, or any sketch event to get the geometry but I didn't find anything)
  • Is it possible to apply a template to this geometry via the code ?

Have a good day !

Thank you 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KrisCulin
Occasional Contributor

Check out this page in the AGP wiki

ProConcepts Editing · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

There are several events you can use.  The most useful is EditCompletedEvent.  This will give you the information for features that were just created and you can retrieve the geometry for them.

The wiki on Github is a great source of information.  I personally used it A LOT when we recently worked on a project integrating our products into ArcGIS Pro.  I would say about 90% of our questions were answered by looking in the wiki.

I hope that helps.

Kris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KrisCulin
Occasional Contributor

Check out this page in the AGP wiki

ProConcepts Editing · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

There are several events you can use.  The most useful is EditCompletedEvent.  This will give you the information for features that were just created and you can retrieve the geometry for them.

The wiki on Github is a great source of information.  I personally used it A LOT when we recently worked on a project integrating our products into ArcGIS Pro.  I would say about 90% of our questions were answered by looking in the wiki.

I hope that helps.

Kris

0 Kudos
3RGv4
by
New Contributor II

Thank you 🙂 It helps a lot !

I'm new to ArcGis Pro and don't understand (for the moment) all concept. I checked the github and it contains sooooo much information !

Thank you again 🙂

KrisCulin
Occasional Contributor

You are very welcome.  Don't ever hesitate to ask a question here.  There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Kris

0 Kudos