How to check if geometry has been changed during edit session?

Jump to solution
04-05-2021 01:13 AM
kirken
by
New Contributor III

Hello!

I'd like to know if feature shape has been modified during edit operation , how can I check that?

Using Events (e.g. EditCompletedEventArgs) I get list of Modified features but I need to know if each of these features have geometry changed or not. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kirken,

If you fetch the changed rows, you can use Row.HasValueChanged to determine if a field has changed.  You can get the field index of the shape field by getting the feature class definition and then calling featureClassDefinition.FindField(featureClassDefinition.GetShapeField()).

I hope this helps,

--Rich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kirken,

If you fetch the changed rows, you can use Row.HasValueChanged to determine if a field has changed.  You can get the field index of the shape field by getting the feature class definition and then calling featureClassDefinition.FindField(featureClassDefinition.GetShapeField()).

I hope this helps,

--Rich

0 Kudos
kirken
by
New Contributor III

Thanks! I actually tried that but it does not give correct result when using after EditCompletedEvent

Edit has been completed by that time and changes stored, that's why, I guess. I should try some other event, EditCompletingEvent maybe.. 

0 Kudos