How to change icon of add-in

Jump to solution
11-01-2021 05:46 AM
BarbaraSchneider2
Occasional Contributor III

I want to change the icon of my add-in:

BarbaraSchneider2_0-1635770424767.png

To do this, I indicate my new image (Tree32.png) in the Config.daml:

<AddInInfo id="{06b629d0-c299-4e09-9149-09bfbc3bd161}" version="0.0.16" desktopVersion="2.8">
    <Name>WaldstrassenApp_V0.0.16</Name>
    <Image>Images\Tree32.png</Image>
    <Subject>Framework</Subject>   
  </AddInInfo>

I also make sure to set the Build Action of "Tree32.png" to AddInContent. However, the icon of my add-in doesn't change.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

I can't duplicate your issue.   Your icon .Png file is in the 'Images' folder and the build action for the icon file is set to 'AddInContent'?  You can also verify that your image file is in the .esriaddinx output file by renaming the file to have a .zip file extension and then open the .zip file.   You should see the Images folder with the icon file.

I tried with Tree.png and got this:

Wolf_0-1635783971540.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

I can't duplicate your issue.   Your icon .Png file is in the 'Images' folder and the build action for the icon file is set to 'AddInContent'?  You can also verify that your image file is in the .esriaddinx output file by renaming the file to have a .zip file extension and then open the .zip file.   You should see the Images folder with the icon file.

I tried with Tree.png and got this:

Wolf_0-1635783971540.png

BarbaraSchneider2
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you Wolf. I made the wrong assumption. I thought that I can change the icon of the add-in file (.esriaddinx). But actually, I can only change the icon of the add-in in the Add-In Manager:

BarbaraSchneider2_0-1635842909559.png

0 Kudos