CoreHostGDB Sample fails after saying "Unable to find FNP security runtime shared object"

Jump to solution
11-02-2021 07:19 AM
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

When I run the CoreHostGDB sample with Pro 2.8.3 and Windows 10.0.19042.1288 I get a message in the console saying "Unable to find FNP security runtime shared object".  After browsing for a filegdb and clicking the Open button, I get:

Exception thrown: 'System.DllNotFoundException' in ArcGIS.Core.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.DllNotFoundException' in mscorlib.dll
An exception of type 'System.DllNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll but was not handled in user code
Unable to load DLL 'CoreInterop.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Google search results suggest the root cause may be license related.

Running the ArcGIS Pro App works fine. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Pro, but get same results.  

This was working fine a few months ago.  Since then I've installed numerous other applications on my machine.  I'm guessing one of them uses the same licensing system, but with a different version?  I really don't want to uninstall all the other apps to see if that is the case.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Update: When I copy "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\AfCore_libFNP.dll" into the same folder as CoreHostGDB.exe and run it, I no longer get the "Unable to find FNP security runtime shared object" message - but I still get same exception as above.

Thanks, Kirk

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KirkKuykendall1

Resolved by adding "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin" to my PATH variable, as suggested here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KirkKuykendall1

Resolved by adding "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin" to my PATH variable, as suggested here.

0 Kudos