Getting advice to create share class library for geodatabase functionality

05-05-2020 08:59 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Currently I am creating add-in for ArcGIS pro, which has some functionality to read/write data via sde connection.

I have a requirement to create a web site to perform same functionality, so I am planning to taking out those manipulation part as class library and share between web site project and ArcGIS pro addin project.

My question is at the web site side, in the web server , when I deployed the solution do I need to install ArcGIS pro in it?

I am currently referencing the arcgis pro nugget package into the class library.

If I need to install ArcGIS pro, do we have any alternative solution , .net library to use for those geodatabase data manipulation because I just want to reduce dependency on installing additional item into web server.

Any Idea Uma Harano‌ ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any Idea?

Wolfgang KaiserUma Harano

0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Currently the only way to implement web solutions that contain Geodatabase-related API functionality is to build either an Enterprise SDK SOE/SOI (see link below for details) and publish these services on the ArcGIS Server platform. Enterprise SDK SOE (which is basically a custom service hosted on ArcGIS Server) can utilize the same Geodatabase-related API as your ArcGIS Pro Add-in.  For more info please check the link below and make sure to select the .Net API reference and not Java: https://developers.arcgis.com/enterprise-sdk/

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank Wolfgang Kaiser‌, 

That mean, those custom manipulation need to expose from ArcGIS server and from my web site, I need to call them and manipulate.

Best Regards,

Than

0 Kudos