Exclude pdb, xml, etc. files from proConfigX

Jump to solution
12-06-2021 05:55 AM
RehmSoftware
New Contributor III

Hi,

today I checked out the proConfigX file of our ArcGIS Pro application and it turns out that even though I built it in release-mode, it contained PDB files of the ArcGIS Pro application and also of the dependencies. I also found XML files of dependencies with the comments generated by VS.

I don't really think it makes sense to include these files in the release target so I wonder if there's an easy way to exclude them or if I have to modify the build process so that these files are wiped before the proConfigX is put together (which is only a zip file with a special structure, if I'm not mistaken).

Thanks in advance

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

I commented out the pdbonly in the csproj file, cleaned, rebuilt and ran, and the config seems to work.

Still, I wonder why Esri added that option for the Release.

KirkKuykendall1_0-1638805949170.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

I commented out the pdbonly in the csproj file, cleaned, rebuilt and ran, and the config seems to work.

Still, I wonder why Esri added that option for the Release.

KirkKuykendall1_0-1638805949170.png

RehmSoftware
New Contributor III

Hi Kirk,

thanks for your reply. I didn't know that flag and commenting this line out (or using "none" instead of "pdb-only") does in fact not include the pdb and xml files of the ArcGIS Pro config (the "main program", so to speak).

In order to exclude the xml and pdb files of dependencies as well, I found a solution here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2011434/preventing-referenced-assembly-pdb-and-xml-files-copied-...

0 Kudos