Disable only one layer while it is processed on the MCT

Jump to solution
03-28-2018 10:54 AM
GregSmith2
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am writing an ArcGIS Pro tool that performs a mass update of GIS values for one layer at a time. I followed the Geodatabase API snippet for modifying rows (ProSnippets Geodatabase · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub ) and it works fine/does exactly what I need it to do.

However, the problem I am facing is the update could take a very long time to execute if I am updating thousands of rows at a time. I understand that when a task is running on the MCT, all the UI commands are disabled by default. Ideally, I'd like to keep the UI responsive and usable while the update runs in the background.

Is there any way in the SDK to disable only the specific layer that is being processed, rather than everything in the UI (table of contents, ribbon, etc)? I see that using the Field Calculator in ArcGIS Pro works this way, so I am wondering if there's a way to implement similar behavior for my tool.

Thanks in advance!

Greg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

There isn't a way to do this with the Pro SDK.  Depending on your workflow, you may wish to consider a CoreHost app if the editing causes the UI to lock for unacceptably long periods.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

There isn't a way to do this with the Pro SDK.  Depending on your workflow, you may wish to consider a CoreHost app if the editing causes the UI to lock for unacceptably long periods.

GregSmith2
New Contributor III

Good to know, thank you!

0 Kudos