Daml id for catalog folder context menu

Jump to solution
07-16-2019 01:42 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I have followed this sample 

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ProSnippets-DAML#propertysheet-insert-property-page-into...

Anyone can highlight me daml id for Folders > Research Data context menu, to insert a new custom button to that context menu

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Than, you are almost there 😉

You have some copy-paste baggage. Change this '<updateModule refID="esri_mapping">' to this '<updateModule refID="esri_geodatabase_module">' and you will have it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Than,

This is how I would find a context menu id by way of example. Let's assume that you want to add a new item to the "Databases" context menu in Catalog pane (sorry, I am not familiar with "Research Data" context menu)

First, make sure this option is checked on:

Go to the context menu you are after and hover over one of the core buttons that is on it (in my example I use "Databases" folder context menu):

With the "Show Command IDs" option checked on you get the daml id for the particular button you are hovering over displayed in its tooltip.

Go to: https://github.com/esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ArcGIS-Pro-DAML-ID-Reference

In your case I would try "ADGeoDatabase.daml" first - which also happens to be the .daml file I will use to find the "Databases" context menu. Click on the "Click this link to view ADGeoDatabase.daml" link on the github to get to the "raw" daml.

Hit Ctrl-F and type in the daml id you captured from the desired context menu button: Step through occurrences of the daml id until you get to the containing menu you are after: Cycle through the other daml files if you don't get a hit in ADGeoDatabase.daml.

Record the daml id (GDBContainerMenu in my example).

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank Charles,

Sorry about that the image is missing at my post.

I want to add the additional menu item at folder connection context menu as below after Edit Metadata menu item.

Same as your advice I found it in ADGeoDatabase.daml.xml

So I use the below code :

<updateModule refID="esri_mapping">
      <menus>
        <updateMenu refID="folderConnectionItemMenu">
          <insertButton refID="CatalogTool_CreateIndexFeatureClassBtn" placeWith="esri_projectItemEditMetadata" />
        </updateMenu>
      </menus>
    </updateModule>

And, Yes the folder connection context menu in particular, it is not working for me by doing this way.

Don't know where I do going wrong.

Have tested for 2dMap context menu, it is happy.

0 Kudos
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Than, you are almost there 😉

You have some copy-paste baggage. Change this '<updateModule refID="esri_mapping">' to this '<updateModule refID="esri_geodatabase_module">' and you will have it.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank Charles,

Yes, really embarrassing without knowing that where these id come from and referencing it by just copy and paste.

Now, I fully understand how it is work, is there any better documentation than that of GitHub wiki brief description regarding to arcgispro sdk similar to ArcGIS js api help page. 

It is working now after changing to esri_geodatabase_module

Found out that id is root of folderConnectionItemMenu, 

<insertModule id="esri_geodatabase_module" className="GeoDatabaseModule" caption="GeoDatabaseModule" description="GeoDatabaseModule" autoLoad="false">

<tabGroups>
<tabGroup id="esri_Folders_TabGroup" caption="Manage">
0 Kudos
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank Charles ,

0 Kudos