Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom Layouts with Utility Network Diagrams

Jump to solution
09-02-2022 01:45 PM
joaovitor_bzp
Emerging Contributor

Hello, I'm working with Utility Network Diagrams and I'm creating a custom layout to it. I wonder if it is possible to create new graphical elements by customizing the layout with DiagramTemplate, for example, my idea is to create new edges and junctions at runtime and append them to my custom diagram.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnneYvonneBlin
Esri Contributor

Hello

For any feature in a network diagram, there is always an existing network feature/network object/association on the network side. You cannot create features in a network diagram without the corresponding features/objects exist in the network topology. This means that the only way to add new features in a network diagram is to 1/ create these new elements on the network side, and 2/ validate the network topology so they are part of the network index. Then, 3/ append them to the diagram

Thanks

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies
joaovitor_bzp
Emerging Contributor

Being a little clearer,
I need to create a layout similar to the image below. In this layout I don't have all the elements in my utility network, like the tube (red arrow in the diagram).

joaovitor_bzp_2-1662384558147.png

Is there a way to create a feature in my custom layout algorithm that can represent the tube or does this feature have to exist in my network already?
If there is a way to create new graphical representations at runtime, could you point me to documentation or possible examples of how to do this?

The file is attached as well for a better view.

0 Kudos
AnneYvonneBlin
Esri Contributor

Hello

For any feature in a network diagram, there is always an existing network feature/network object/association on the network side. You cannot create features in a network diagram without the corresponding features/objects exist in the network topology. This means that the only way to add new features in a network diagram is to 1/ create these new elements on the network side, and 2/ validate the network topology so they are part of the network index. Then, 3/ append them to the diagram

Thanks

Thanks

joaovitor_bzp
Emerging Contributor

Hello, thank you very much for your reply.

0 Kudos