Control Custom Control Dropdown Location

Jump to solution
07-25-2018 05:44 PM
stevegourley
Occasional Contributor II

For some reason, when my project loads with a custom pane in focus, custom control drop downs load in the top left corner of the project.

If I close the pane and reopen the custom control it loads under the button.

Seems like a bug. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Steve,

I had to remove all my add-ins and tabs first before I was able to duplicate your problem.  It appears to be a bug.  I will try to make a simple small add-in to duplicate the issue and report the bug.

Thanks,

Wolf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NarelleChedzey
Esri Contributor

Steve, 

Can you share a subset of your code that illustrates this problem.  (ie daml, and the custom control)

Thanks

Narelle

0 Kudos
stevegourley
0 Kudos
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Steve,

I built and tried your app and was not able to duplicate the described behavior, I had to open the custom control by clicking the drop-down button - so maybe you already modified the behavior.  I was using Pro 2.2 and your add-in code from yesterday afternoon.  It appears that the custom control doesn't become visible until the drop-down is used.

The only time the custom control was moved from its 'design' position was when I placed the ribbon tab close to the margin of my screen.  I have a multi-display system, so this includes the transition area between two screens.

0 Kudos
stevegourley

It seems you need to have the custom pane open when the project loads.

open the find naics code

save the project

close the project

open the project

then click the feedback button.

PS - this continues to happen with v2.2.1

Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Steve,

I had to remove all my add-ins and tabs first before I was able to duplicate your problem.  It appears to be a bug.  I will try to make a simple small add-in to duplicate the issue and report the bug.

Thanks,

Wolf

0 Kudos