Azure Devop pipeline build issue with xaml

Jump to solution
04-03-2020 02:50 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I got this error whenever I build with Azure Devop pipeline, formally TFS. 

This complaint come from all arcgis pro windows xaml file, it is quite happy in visual studio build, can someone explain me why it is happening and is there a way to solve?

##[error].....Path\ExtendedWindowDialog\CreateProjectFromTemplateForm.xaml(1,21): Error MC3074: The tag 'ProWindow' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:ArcGIS.Desktop.Framework.Controls;assembly=ArcGIS.Desktop.Framework'. Line 1 Position 21

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Than

I was able to successfully build a Module add-in Project that includes a ProWindow item template using the Azure DevOps pipeline.

I deleted all the Pro file based assembly references. I added the ArcGISProExtensions nuget and then built it on DevOps.

Can you please check the following:

1. The Nuget was included using the Package Reference option in Visual Studio. Can you check if you are doing the same thing?

2. If you make a simple Add-in project (no item templates and no customizations) are you able to build this project on Azure?

Thanks!

Uma

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Experts,

Any idea about that?

0 Kudos
SreenivasaRaoPigili
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I am also getting same issue.

I have tried to analyze the code using "SonarQube" from my local desktop and i am also getting same error.

Please help us.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Uma Harano‌,

Any idea about that? I tried with Nugget package also does not help, even vs build got issue.

Any way to reference as private reference dll folder into my solution? Which dlls files shall I copy from ArcGIS pro?

Or is that even feasible to do this way?

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Than

I was able to successfully build a Module add-in Project that includes a ProWindow item template using the Azure DevOps pipeline.

I deleted all the Pro file based assembly references. I added the ArcGISProExtensions nuget and then built it on DevOps.

Can you please check the following:

1. The Nuget was included using the Package Reference option in Visual Studio. Can you check if you are doing the same thing?

2. If you make a simple Add-in project (no item templates and no customizations) are you able to build this project on Azure?

Thanks!

Uma

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your response Uma Harano‌,

Yes, with new project, new pipeline, all quite happy. It really make me compare the existing projects which are upgraded from 2.3.

And carefully read again this help ProGuide ArcGIS Pro Extensions NuGet · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub 

And later found out, initially all my projects are using package.json. 

So even though I configured based on the help doco from github, visualstudio does not listen at all until I migrate package.json to package reference.

Need to add the package after removing all dll reference.

Below is sample screenshot, which is quite helpful.

After that the pipeline is happily build and test.

Migrating from package.config to PackageReference formats | Microsoft Docs 

tryprmigrator

0 Kudos