Arrange tools on Custom Ribbon

Jump to solution
11-28-2018 06:26 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Just wondering what the best way would be to arrange tools on a Custom Ribbon.  There doesn't seem to be a way for the end-user to do it through the ArcPro GUI, so does this have to be done through DAML code??

Here is what I currently have;  one custom ribbon, divided into two groups.  The first group (Map Tools) I'd like to arrange alphabetically in ASC order.  The second group I would like to arrange in a specific order specified by the numbers in the pic.

For either group, tools will be added going forward, so I'd like the first group to remain alphabetic and then be able to squeeze tools into the right place for the second group as I create them.

I create each tool as a separate VS2015 project.  The toolbar is it's own project.  In each tool I create I have a DAML <dependancies> setup so that things get loaded onto the toolbar after the toolbar loads.

<dependencies>
    <dependency name="{9466cc69-3fce-4774-8134-d94377460abd}" />
    <!-- id of "DSM_Toolbar_ArcPro" -->
  </dependencies>

Then I also have code to place each tool into the proper group.

<updateModule refID="DSM_Toolbar_ArcPro_Module">
      <groups>
        <updateGroup refID="Editing_Tools_group">
          <insertButton refID="ToFromTool_ArcPro_btnToFromTool"></insertButton>
        </updateGroup>
      </groups>
    </updateModule>

I'm stuck at trying to figure out how to get the buttons in the order I desire.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
12 Replies
BrianBulla

Thanks Wolfgang Kaiser,

So I have my "DSM Custom Tools" ribbon back after hitting 'Reset All'.  So the only way I can organize any of the tools on this ribbon is through DAML code??

With this "Customize the Ribbon", how do I move items Up/Down?  The only place I see to move things Up/Down is on the "Quick Access Toolbar", which is a different selection in the Options window.

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

Here is a screenshot of the "Customize Ribbon" from MS Outlook.  It has the Up/Down buttons, which work to arrange buttons on ribbons.  It seems like ArcPro is missing the two buttons I have in the red circle to organize Ribbons.

0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

regarding your questions:

>>  So the only way I can organize any of the tools on this ribbon is through DAML code??

Yes

>> With this "Customize the Ribbon", how do I move items Up/Down? 

Like I mentioned in my previous reply, you can only move items up/down if you make your own group etc. not if you want to modify a group defined in DAML.  Below is an example of a group that I created using the 'Customize the Ribbon' interface, and as you can see I can use the up/down to arrange those items:

If you really think this is a needed ArcGIS Pro feature you can suggest the idea on GeoNet | ArcGIS Ideas (https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas) under ArcGIS Desktop, using these guidelines: https://community.esri.com/ideas/13020-geonet-ideas-category-pro since there is no Pro feature Category available.

This discussion should also be moved to 'ArcGIS Pro' since the Pro SDK discussion is not the right platform for Pro features.