Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro AddIn: Using Windows Forms

07-19-2022 09:56 AM
GabrielaLaird
New Contributor

I have a 2.X Pro AddIn that uses Windows Forms. Each button on the AddIn loads a user input form that displays data and has a submit button to start an attribution update process. It is written in C# with .Net version 4.8. With the new 3.0 upgrade and the .Net version 6.0 - I no longer see the option to add windows forms into the project.  I have noticed the WPF forms  but, these are all xaml based, it is not the same experience as the good old Windows Forms. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KrisCulin
Occasional Contributor

There is a migration process to go from .NET Framework 4.x to .NET 6.  There is lots of documentation online, including YouTube.  Just do a search.  Microsoft has some pretty good workflows/steps as well.

There is an extension available in VS2019 that can analyze your code to determine if there would be any issues during the migration.  I would look into this as well.

.NET 6 has a rewritten implementation of System.Windows.Forms and for the most part can be migrated with few issues (especially if you have no 3rd party controls).

Kris

0 Kudos