ArcGIS Pro Addin Licensing

Jump to solution
03-16-2021 12:46 AM
nita14
by
Occasional Contributor III

Dear Esri staff,

I have a question related to ArcGIS Pro Addin licensing for end-users. Can you please share with me the email address to contact person who is dealing with such matters?

Thank you,

Adam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Adam, feel free to post your question here in this thread, or you can send me an email at czent@esri.com

Just fyi on building a general licensing mechanism for add-ins.  We have a ProGuide which walks through one potential approach to setup basic add-in licensing located here, as well as the associated sample.

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Adam, feel free to post your question here in this thread, or you can send me an email at czent@esri.com

Just fyi on building a general licensing mechanism for add-ins.  We have a ProGuide which walks through one potential approach to setup basic add-in licensing located here, as well as the associated sample.

Chris

nita14
by

Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for a quick reply. I will send you an email shortly.

BR,

Adam

0 Kudos
nita14
by

Dear Chris,

Thank you for the answer.

Just to leave a reference and hints to others. Before developing add-in, it is better to read Master Agreement first. Especially, Article B.1—General Use Restrictions.

BR,

Adam

EDIT: To be completely transparent: developers are not allowed to incorporate features/services that might compete with Esri Offerings. In my case, it was geocoding and routing capabilities based on Open Route Service. If I was to publish it, the add-in would be open to all community and unfortunately, breach the Master Agreement.

Hope this is useful for other devs.

0 Kudos