Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Addin Integration with User Error Tracking (Sentry)

08-22-2022 07:27 AM
AndresHernandezUp42
New Contributor

Hello,

Currently I am developing an ArcGIS Pro (v.2.9) AddIn using the .net SDK. However, by some requirements I would like to integrate my AddIn with Sentry for error tracking.

I have been trying to configure the Sentry account following the .net support and everything seems to be OK, but the errors and messages are not being transmitted to my Sentry service. 

I tried with a non-ArgGIS test application and the configuration is a straightforward process. After some debugging, I found that the object that resulted from the configuration of the Sentry.Init has a property named isEnabled that is true on my test application, but it is false in the ArcGIS AddIn. (See debug picture). 

For the ArcGIS AddIn

AndresHernandezUp42_0-1661178247905.png

For a regular WPF Application 

AndresHernandezUp42_1-1661178247922.png

My question is: Is the integration with User Error tracking allowed within ArcGIS AddIns? And if so, How do I configure my project to allow this. 

If someone can provides help I would appreciate it.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Pro has its own error handling, not sure if or how that interferes with your Sentry implementation.  If you want to use some type of diagnostic error handling, you can look here:  ProConcepts Framework · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)