Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.0 - System.Data.SqlClient.dll reference assembly

Jump to solution
09-08-2022 02:33 PM
MadsHoumann
New Contributor II

The ArcGIS Pro 3.0 install include System.Data.SqlClient.dll reference assembly.
As far as I can see, the actual implementation assemblies are not installed.

Our add-in needs System.Data.SqlClient, but since the ArcGIS Pro 3.0 installed version: 'C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\System.Data.SqlClient.dll' is just the reference assembly it doesn't work.
And this version is loaded even when the correct implementation assembly is included in the add-in.

Am I missing something here? or is it a bug in the ArcGIS Pro 3.0 install?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

You can look at this example (from community samples) which is using the Microsoft.Data.SqlClient NuGet in its plug-in project: ProSqlExpressReader solution more specifically the 'Microsoft.Data.SqlClient' package reference in this project: arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/ProSqlExpressDb.csproj at master · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-sa...

Also check here regarding SqlClient in .Net 6.0:  Introducing the new Microsoft.Data.SqlClient - .NET Blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

You can look at this example (from community samples) which is using the Microsoft.Data.SqlClient NuGet in its plug-in project: ProSqlExpressReader solution more specifically the 'Microsoft.Data.SqlClient' package reference in this project: arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/ProSqlExpressDb.csproj at master · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-sa...

Also check here regarding SqlClient in .Net 6.0:  Introducing the new Microsoft.Data.SqlClient - .NET Blog

0 Kudos
MadsHoumann
New Contributor II

Thanks,
I guess switching to Microsoft.Data.SqlClient will be an OK option for us.

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels
Regular Contributor

The real question is WHY is System.Data.SqlClient.dll event included in the ArcGIS Pro 3.0 install package, and why is it located at C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin? 

ArcGIS Pro is built on .Net Framework 6.0.5 which does not support the use of System.Data.SqlClient. All Add-ins should be rebuilt to use Microsoft.Data.SqlClient and WebView 2 (vs. WebBrowser).

0 Kudos