Select to view content in your preferred language

Add a raster (.tif) to the active map using .NET SDK for ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
09-20-2023 08:25 AM
nadja_swiss_parks
Occasional Contributor II

this might be an absolute basic question, but how do I add a raster to an active map so that it is listed in the table of content and visible in the map?

I managed to create an empty map, which is then under MapView.Active.Map. when I try to add a simple .tif raster to this map, I fail. I tried various code snippets, but none works for me. the .tif rasterfile is currently in my local directory.  

https://github.com/esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ProSnippets-Raster I found this code snippet (Open raster dataset in a folder), which works as it doesnot raise an error. But it doesn't add the created raster to the map either. So I'm guessing that I need to add it specifically. 

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/sdk/api-reference/topic11851.html the docu suggests a RemoveLayer method. but I cannot find a addRaster or addLayer method. how is this done??

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/tree/master/Map-Authoring/AddRasterLayer I also found this example, but I really don't see/get where they are adding the raster..

thanks for any help

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Take a look at the ArcGIS Pro SDK API reference

string url = @"C:\Images\Italy.tif";
await QueuedTask.Run(() =>
{
  // Create a raster layer using a path to an image.
  // Note: You can create a raster layer from a url, project item, or data connection.
  rasterLayer = LayerFactory.Instance.CreateLayer(new Uri(url), aMap) as RasterLayer;
});

Or modify sample from your last link

// The layer has to be created on the Main CIM Thread (MCT).
RasterLayer rasterLayer = null;               
                {
                  // Create a layer based on the url. In this case the layer we are creating is an image service layer.
                  var layerParams = new LayerCreationParams(new Uri(url));
                  rasterLayer = LayerFactory.Instance.CreateLayer<RasterLayer>(layerParams, myMap);

// Check if it is created.
                  if (rasterLayer == null)
                  {
                      ArcGIS.Desktop.Framework.Dialogs.MessageBox.Show("Failed to create layer for url:" + dataSoureUrl); 
                      return;
                  }

});

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Take a look at the ArcGIS Pro SDK API reference

{
  // Create a raster layer using a path to an image.
  // Note: You can create a raster layer from a url, project item, or data connection.
  rasterLayer = LayerFactory.Instance.CreateLayer(new Uri(url), aMap) as RasterLayer;
});

Or modify sample from your last link

// The layer has to be created on the Main CIM Thread (MCT).
RasterLayer rasterLayer = null;               
                {
                  // Create a layer based on the url. In this case the layer we are creating is an image service layer.
                  var layerParams = new LayerCreationParams(new Uri(url));
                  rasterLayer = LayerFactory.Instance.CreateLayer<RasterLayer>(layerParams, myMap);

// Check if it is created.
                  if (rasterLayer == null)
                  {
                      ArcGIS.Desktop.Framework.Dialogs.MessageBox.Show("Failed to create layer for url:" + dataSoureUrl); 
                      return;
                  }

});

0 Kudos