3D Graphic in Map

Jump to solution
08-17-2020 07:23 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to support in both ArcGIS pro and web site.

For graphic presentation for the hole is quite challenging for me to do with ArcGIS pro sdk.

With ArcGIS js I managed to achieve like this.

I just need to change elevation value to become negative to be underground.

How I can achieve this in ArcGIS pro sdk scene layer?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

I attached another sample.  You have to use the 'Pro Fix References' tool in Visual Studio in order to fix the references:

With this add-in you can digitize a point, which is then converted into a vertical line, which is then in turn displayed as a graphic using different colors, and a custom width.  The vertical 'tubes' are both above and below the surface.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Than,

Can you please explain your requirements in more detail?  You have a scene in ArcGIS Pro and you are trying to change a feature layer's Z values?  Can you describe your workflow?  i.e. take a line, polygon and 'move' the polygon below the surface?  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank for your reply Wolfgang Kaiser‌,

I want to represent the drilled hole in 3d scene.

Each depth to present as color, width to be present as cylinder, I am happy to stack multiple cylinder in one location as well.

Look like the screenshot is gone in my post,

I add as attachment. (3dcylinder.png)

I did it with ArcGIS js 3.x in 2017.  The sample is above the ground, what I want is underground in ArcGIS pro. (should be ok for me to do it in ArcGIS js )

Best Regards,

Than 

0 Kudos
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

I am still not sure what type of feature you are trying to symbolize.  But you can do this using ArcGIS Pro out-of-box by using for example a 3D line feature class.  I attached a sample project.

This would be the 'above' surface view:

and this would be the below surface view:

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank Wolfgang Kaiser‌, 

Yes, that is similar to what I want. Just that data/features are not fixed, all based on math calculation, several width + depth shall be generated at a location(point) based on user input.

So what I want it similar to graphicslayer in 2d, is there similar thing in 3d to produce similar 3d line feature what you gave as an example from pro sdk?

ProConcepts GraphicsLayers · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub 

0 Kudos
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

I attached another sample.  You have to use the 'Pro Fix References' tool in Visual Studio in order to fix the references:

With this add-in you can digitize a point, which is then converted into a vertical line, which is then in turn displayed as a graphic using different colors, and a custom width.  The vertical 'tubes' are both above and below the surface.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Wolfgang Kaiser, that is quite useful for me.

0 Kudos