Delete Add-ins Script

01-06-2016 05:03 PM
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor
1 1 1,760

From time to time I need to delete all the Pro Add-ins off my machine - especially if I am developing/testing/debugging and end up cluttering Pro's ribbons with all kinds of Add-ins - all in varying states of completion.

To do it by hand, you navigate to your C:\Users\-- your username --\Documents\ArcGIS\AddIns\ArcGISPro folder and delete all the guid-ed subfolders. That gets to be tedious so I wrote this shell script. To use it, create a .bat or .cmd file and add a shortcut to it on your desktop. Add this code into it - be sure to replace the "-- your username --" placeholder with your username.

DeleteProAddins.cmd:

echo off

rem http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1502913/how-to-delete-all-files-and-folders-in-a-folder-by-cmd-ca...

rem

echo Executing del /q "C:\Users\-- your username --\Documents\ArcGIS\AddIns\ArcGISPro\*"

echo for /d %%x in ("C:\Users\-- your username --\Documents\ArcGIS\AddIns\ArcGISPro\*") do @rd /s /q %%x

del /q "C:\Users\-- your username --\Documents\ArcGIS\AddIns\ArcGISPro\*"

for /d %%x in ("C:\Users\-- your username --\Documents\ArcGIS\AddIns\ArcGISPro\*") do @rd /s /q %%x

echo

echo Done

pause

1 Comment