Zoom to Layer tool not working

10-24-2022 09:19 PM
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

So this has been discussed here previously (and "solved") but I thought I'd post a separate post again, as the solution in that post doesn't apply to us. We have noticed that the Zoom to Layer tool doesn't honour definition queries or even just the whole set of features in a feature service/feature class. We don't sue Enterprise GDB's (only FGDB's and Feature Servers plus the odd shapefile). Most of our users are now on 2.9.4. When they Zoom to Layer it takes them way out to the supposed full possible extent of the layer (not the actual extent of its features). 

Is anyone aware of this behavior and a fix for non-enterprise datasets?

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

In 2.9.3 I am only seeing this behaviour with SDE feature classes, and hosted feature classes.

FGDB and mobile geodatabase seem to honor the definition query.

Not sure about 2.9.4, I went back to 2.9.3 as .4 on has broken the ability to "identify" more than one hosted feature with an attachment without errors.

R_

0 Kudos
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

I've just managed to confirm that it is an issue for ArcGIS Online Feature Services in version 2.9.3 but not shapefiles. It works as expected once we upgrade to 3.0. Now I've just got to diagnose a couple of other problems (confident they're not version related though) before I can get tall our users on 3.0!

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos