Select to view content in your preferred language

Year zero problem when applying asset package

Jump to solution
10-02-2018 07:35 AM
TheodoreRakel
Frequent Contributor

I am using Pro 2.2.2 and trying to run the GP tool 'apply asset package' and load data.  I get the following error that 'year 0 is out of range'.  Is there any way to find out what date is causing this problem?  I looked at the data in the asset package and all the dates I find are from Sep 2018.  If I run 'apply asset package' and do not load the data, then the GP successfully completes.

Start Time: Friday, September 28, 2018 8:17:57 AM

Running script AssetPackageToUtilityNetwork...

ArcGIS Pro 2.2.2.12813

untools 2.2.0

A python error occurred.

EXCEPTIONTraceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\common\wrappers.py", line 84, in wrapper    return func(*args, **kwargs)  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\gptools\tools.py", line 258, in run    un = UtilityNetworkTools(utility_network)  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\utils\utility_network.py", line 31, in __init__    self.refresh()  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\utils\utility_network.py", line 87, in refresh    self.cache['describe'] = un_helper.Helper(self._un)  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\abstract\un_helper.py", line 1232, in __init__    super().__init__(utility_network)  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\abstract\describe.py", line 845, in __init__    self.domainNetworks = [DomainNetworks(x) for x in d.domainNetworks or []]  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\abstract\describe.py", line 845, in <listcomp>    self.domainNetworks = [DomainNetworks(x) for x in d.domainNetworks or []]  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\abstract\describe.py", line 524, in __init__    self.tiers = [Tiers(x) for x in d.tiers or []]  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\abstract\describe.py", line 524, in <listcomp>    self.tiers = [Tiers(x) for x in d.tiers or []]  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\abstract\describe.py", line 450, in __init__    self.aggregatedLinesForSubnetLine = [AssetGroups(x) for x in d.aggregatedLinesForSubnetLine or []]  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\abstract\describe.py", line 450, in <listcomp>    self.aggregatedLinesForSubnetLine = [AssetGroups(x) for x in d.aggregatedLinesForSubnetLine or []]  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\abstract\describe.py", line 305, in __init__    self.assetTypes = [AssetTypes(x, source) for x in d.assetTypes or []]  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\abstract\describe.py", line 305, in <listcomp>    self.assetTypes = [AssetTypes(x, source) for x in d.assetTypes or []]  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\abstract\describe.py", line 260, in __init__    self.creationTime = convert_time(getattr(d, 'creationTime', None))  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\untools\abstract\describe.py", line 51, in convert_time    return dateutil.parser.parse(stamp)  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\dateutil\parser\_parser.py", line 1356, in parse    return DEFAULTPARSER.parse(timestr, **kwargs)  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\dateutil\parser\_parser.py", line 653, in parse    ret = self._build_naive(res, default)  File "C:\Users\pe_gis\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\UN-environment\lib\site-packages\dateutil\parser\_parser.py", line 1227, in _build_naive    naive = default.replace(**repl)ValueError: year 0 is out of range

Failed to execute (AssetPackageToUtilityNetwork).

Failed at Friday, September 28, 2018 8:18:04 AM (Elapsed Time: 7.45 seconds)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheodoreRakel
Frequent Contributor

I submitted a case to esri about this and found that the connection I was using when running the 'Apply Asset Package' GP tool needed to have its geodatabase connection properties set to use 'Traditional' versioning.  I had it set to use 'Branch' versioning.  I ended up deleting the Utility Network dataset and running 'Stage Utility Network' GP tool again.  Then I ran 'Apply Asset Package' and loaded the data successfully.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Regular Contributor

This looks like a timestamp in the UN that is causing the issue. This error occurs when reading the UN (though that doesn't explain why you don't get the error when not loading data).

0 Kudos
TheodoreRakel
Frequent Contributor

I submitted a case to esri about this and found that the connection I was using when running the 'Apply Asset Package' GP tool needed to have its geodatabase connection properties set to use 'Traditional' versioning.  I had it set to use 'Branch' versioning.  I ended up deleting the Utility Network dataset and running 'Stage Utility Network' GP tool again.  Then I ran 'Apply Asset Package' and loaded the data successfully.  

0 Kudos