Select to view content in your preferred language

Why does AG Pro 2.3 crash every time I move my head?

02-14-2019 12:45 PM
MichaelLedwith
New Contributor III

Look - there can be no debate that ESRI eff-d up with 2.3. It crashes all the time (five times today). Mostly when I move the GUI but today it also crashed when I was removing a IMG file from the table of contents. I'm going back to 2.2 and sending out a message to everyone I work with (the 2nd biggest user of ESRI products in Scandinavia after ESRI) to roll back to 2.2

Plus the crash files are ginormous. It took over five minutes to send the file through my 1GB network connection.

Chip away at the stone...ESRI is driving people towards QGIS. I hope they realize this.

Tags (1)
12 Replies
sarahtocco
New Contributor II

This is great news! Thank you so much for letting us know.  I have another issue I ran into that pertains to the field calculator. It does not work properly in edit mode.  If you have selected records and used the field calculator and then selected another group of records and calculated the field with a different attribute, it would change the records that were previously selected and not the current selection.  I did not see this on the report of bug fixes and figured I may as well mention it here.  I was having so many issues with it I had to roll back to 2.2.4.  Thanks.  

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi sarah tocco‌ I just tried following the steps that you provided and I do not experience what you're describing.

I tried in Pro 2.3.2 fwiw.

If you're still experiencing an issue I'd recommend taking a look at it with technical support.

https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support

Thank you!

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Sadly, 2.3.1 didn't appear to resolve the crashing. Editing an offline-capable-downloaded feature service, made about 30 "fillet tool" edits, deleted about 10 vertices, was in the process of moving my 5th vertice. No crash dump, no plans to open a TS case as likely non-repro, but this is not the first 2.3.x hard crash with no dump I've experienced. Yes all drivers are up to date. Pretty similar to workflows I tested during EAP so something was introduced between then and RC. 

0 Kudos