Select to view content in your preferred language

Why are the layout text symbol options greyed out?

Jump to solution
01-22-2019 10:14 AM
RichardCornell1
New Contributor

Um, any ideas why the text symbol options are greyed out when trying to add a title to the layout? The map frame is not activated. I have not experienced this before, so probably something simple. Using ArcGIS Pro 2.2.4.

Thanks,

Richard

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Richard, 

I'm guessing you have a Map Frame selected in the layout. These options are grayed out because they are not applicable with the current selection - Map Frame.  In order to add a title you will need to insert a text element.

For a title I would recommend using "Text".

This option is based on a point text symbol and allows you to manually resize the element by dragging the selection handles.

For more information see Edit text—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Richard, 

I'm guessing you have a Map Frame selected in the layout. These options are grayed out because they are not applicable with the current selection - Map Frame.  In order to add a title you will need to insert a text element.

For a title I would recommend using "Text".

This option is based on a point text symbol and allows you to manually resize the element by dragging the selection handles.

For more information see Edit text—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

0 Kudos
RichardCornell1
New Contributor

I figured it was something simple I overlooked. Thanks for providing an in depth explanation!

Richard

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad to help!

Tom

0 Kudos