Select to view content in your preferred language

When performing band arithmetic function on a pan-sharpened raster, how do I ensure the output raster retains the same resolution?

07-27-2024 12:53 PM
ScarletMaguire
New Contributor II

I have a multi-spectral and panchromatic image from the WV-3 satellite. I need to pan-sharpen the image and then use the resulting image to calculate vegetation indices. I pan-sharpen the image using the 'pan-sharpen' tool under raster functions. I then use the 'band arithmetic' function under raster functions to calculate vegetation indices. The problem is, after using the band arithmetic function, the output raster is the resolution of the WV-3 multi-spectral image, and not the resolution of the pan-sharpened layer. How do I produce vegetation index layers which retain the resolution of the pan-sharpened layer? And if there is not option for doing this, what other options are there for increasing the resolution of the image and producing vegetation indices for these layers?

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try setting it in the Environments under Analysis?

raster.png

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ScarletMaguire
New Contributor II

Hi, thanks for the advice. Can you suggest exactly how to set the parameters? I changed the 'cell size' to 'minimum of inputs' but this didn't seem to help.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

select the raster whose cell size that you want from the cell size dropdown .... 

you should really read up on the other parameters from the help topics.

Cell Size Projection Method (Environment setting)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

How the Cell Size Projection Method environment setting works—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Cell Alignment (Environment setting)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Snap Raster (Environment setting)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

How the Snap Raster environment setting works—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

They are extremely important to getting the results that you want and many of them have a large impact on the processing speed and processing outcomes.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos