When moving a feature, the feature snaps back to its original location if you subsequently edit an attribute

01-21-2020 07:34 AM
BrettGreenfield__DNR_
Occasional Contributor II

Scenario: I have a point.  I open up the edit toolbar, select the Move tool, and move the point.  I then edit a value of that same feature in the attribute table and press "enter" to save that edit.  The edit to the value I made saves, but the feature will move back to its original position before I moved it.  This is extremely problematic as if I'm not paying attention I might hit "save" thinking all the necessary edits have been made to a given feature layer when in fact the edits to the geometry I have made haven't actually been applied.

This is very bad for data integrity - I've already found instances where I have gone back and found some features where I know I had edited the geometry but the edits were not actually applied.  It's also completely counter-intuitive; if I move a feature I expect it to stay moved unless I discard/undo the edits, or forget to save (which is not the case here).

This needs to be fixed immediately - I shouldn't need to pay extra close attention to be sure my edits are being applied.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brett,

In ArcGIS Pro version 2.5 (coming soon), when you edit attributes in the attributes pane or attribute table, the active geometry you are editing is automatically finished.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
JesseSoukup
New Contributor

I'm still having this issue in version 2.8.  Is there any more word on this issue?  I agree this should not be happening.

0 Kudos