When is ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1 expected to drop?

Jump to solution
06-09-2021 07:50 PM
Thiru_P
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

Do we know when ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1 is expected?

We are planning to do an upgrade from 2.7.3 just checking if it is worth waiting for 2.8.1?

Thanks in advance,

Thiru

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Firstly, no Esri staff person is going to provide an answer here to that question, especially not a firm date.

Looking over the ArcGIS Pro Product Lifecycle web page(Esri Support ArcGIS Pro 2.8) , the x.y.1 release comes anywhere from 1 month to 3 months after the x.y.0 release.  Since it is nearly a month since 2.8 was released, 2.8.1 could be released next week or it could be 2 months from now.

Although Esri assigns versions to releases, the products is really on a continuous release within a major version.  As such, organizations are going to have to adapt their internal practices to put less emphasis on "version upgrades" and more emphasis on "continual updates."

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

based on previous years, shortly before U.C.

... sort of retired...
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As to "is it worth it?", I'd say it really depends. There are a few dealbreakers in there for me, but they're for very particular functions of a published service Parcel Fabric. I'd say give it a spin; you can always roll back.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Firstly, no Esri staff person is going to provide an answer here to that question, especially not a firm date.

Looking over the ArcGIS Pro Product Lifecycle web page(Esri Support ArcGIS Pro 2.8) , the x.y.1 release comes anywhere from 1 month to 3 months after the x.y.0 release.  Since it is nearly a month since 2.8 was released, 2.8.1 could be released next week or it could be 2 months from now.

Although Esri assigns versions to releases, the products is really on a continuous release within a major version.  As such, organizations are going to have to adapt their internal practices to put less emphasis on "version upgrades" and more emphasis on "continual updates."

RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III
Release date for ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1June 22, 2021
0 Kudos