Select to view content in your preferred language

When creating a new join, will an existing INNER join on the join table be honored?

Jump to solution
12-20-2022 04:21 PM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3; mobile geodatabase:

I've created an inner join from TABLE_A to TABLE_B using the Add Join GP tool -- by unchecking "Keep All Target Features":

Bud_0-1671583719414.png

Question:

Using a different table called TABLE_C, if I join to TABLE_A, will the inner join on TABLE_A be honored? In other words, will rows be omitted in the attribute table (aka values will be null) in TABLE_A due to the inner join?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

It looks like the answer is yes: The inner join on TABLE_A was honored in the new join.

Bud_0-1671582096891.png

Now that I've tested it, I suppose that behavior is expected. A regular join would be honored too.

Originally, I had thought that row 3 would be omitted entirely from the attribute table, similar to how a definition query on a join table works. But I realize now that was incorrect. Only the cells in TABLE_A and TABLE_B are omitted/null, not the entire row.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

It looks like the answer is yes: The inner join on TABLE_A was honored in the new join.

Bud_0-1671582096891.png

Now that I've tested it, I suppose that behavior is expected. A regular join would be honored too.

Originally, I had thought that row 3 would be omitted entirely from the attribute table, similar to how a definition query on a join table works. But I realize now that was incorrect. Only the cells in TABLE_A and TABLE_B are omitted/null, not the entire row.

0 Kudos